canberrabirds

RFI Superb Parrot sightings in Csnberra

To: "'COG bird discussions'" <>
Subject: RFI Superb Parrot sightings in Csnberra
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 11:09:22 +1100
I am forwarding this to our list. If anyone has something useful to assist
Chris, I suggest respond direct to her (today I guess) or on mobile phone if
you feel so inclined, as I assume she is not on this list and presumably she
is already here and has not given much time.

Philip

-----Original Message-----From: Chris Melrose
Sent: Sunday, 1 December 2013 11:48 PM
To: Philip Veerman      Subject: Re: [Birding-Aus] Superb Parrot sightings
in Csnberra

Dear Philip
Yes please, local info would be a great help to us. We are currently in
Cooma, expecting to get to the Bot Gardens for a general birding walk around
by midday. But will happily also go to northern suburbs if necessary.
Thanks

Christine Melrose
0407705140

> On 1 Dec 2013, at 22:38, "Philip Veerman" <>
> wrote:
>
> I don't think they have ever been observed at the Bot Gardens. They
> are sort of common on the north side of Canberra. Places like Mt
> Rogers. Do you want your message to go to the Canberra birds email
> list. You will get a lot more useful information from locals. There
> have not been many mentions of them recently maybe because they are
> regarded as ho hum there.
>
> Philip
>
> -----Original Message-----> From: >
 On Behalf Of Chris
> Melrose> Sent: Sunday, 1 December 2013 9:26 PM> To: Birding Aus> Subject:
[Birding-Aus] Superb Parrot sightings in Csnberra