canberrabirds

habitat improvement continued

To: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Subject: habitat improvement continued
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 10:00:15 +1100
I thought this sounded a strange proposition so contacted the Waterwatch Coordinator of the Molonglo Catchment Group who I know are interested in this development (for obvious reasons).  Here are the relevant parts of his reply.

"Until the sewerage and grey water reticulation system is completed and commissioned, the sewage from the Googong Village will be collected and trucked into the ACT system for processing. This should only happen for the next 18 months, at least in theory. The developers are sincerely trying to put into place a sustainable urban development, and the sewerage infrastructure will include a processing plant (which is already there, but not ‘on line’) and a reticulated grey water system, to keep the whole site watered. This will eventually involve both Googong and Montgomery Creeks and provide extensive open space in the village. The double recycled grey water will eventually drain into the Queanbeyan at Googong Creek. If you go to the Googong Development website http://googong.net/your-town/masterplan.php  there is a better explanation of the plan than I can give.

"There is a BoB group…do you want to be included in the mailing list? Contact Anna at  and ask her. We would welcome the interest."

Martin