canberrabirds

Uses of Bird Photography, revisited #9 (final)

To: <>
Subject: Uses of Bird Photography, revisited #9 (final)
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 15:28:17 +1100

#9  -  to identify a species

At the beginning, I mentioned a particular incident that prompted this series.  The circumstances appear below – the photographing of a bird you can’t even see.  Some will be relieved I am sparing you the graphics, in this case a blurry and distant, but identifiable, image.

As to the OBP, I remember it from childhood rambles over the marshy paddocks behind the sand dunes between Torquay and Bream Creek.  Who would have thought it would become so famous?

With thoughts turning to the Blitz, I shall end here this little series.  I did have a couple of things to report from my homeward journey on Monday and Tuesday. Perhaps later.