canberrabirds

Superbs - elude me no longer

To: "" <>
Subject: Superbs - elude me no longer
From: "Woo O'Reilly" <>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 22:59:12 +1100
After years of seeing Superbs fly over while on the bus or fly off just after I spot them, I have been a little green-eyed reading the amazing sightings people have reported on this chatline.

Well I finally got my good look this evening in Giralang in, yes, the elms. Riding home on Canopus Cres, I pulled up suddenly at the stunning sight of eleven (2 F 9 M) Superbs munching away on elm seeds. As my fellow Giralangian, Duncan, has recently observed, they barely noticed me and to stand metres away from these birds in the evening light was magical indeed.

Woo O'Reilly