canberrabirds

Quail at Tuggeranong Hyperdome car park last night

To: "'Tun Pin Ong'" <>, <>
Subject: Quail at Tuggeranong Hyperdome car park last night
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 14:48:45 +1000
Both Stubble & Brown Quail are in Canberra (and are not that hard to hear if not see). The former is probably more likely there and to to fit your description better. I guess it is not that unusual that one could get there by accident at night time and get a bit confused.

Yes of course given your story it could be an escapee from private collection but I would give that a low probability. It is hard to know. My minimal observations are that many Japanese Quail (like lots of domesticated birds) show uneven feather patterns with odd patches of white. Also most probably don't fly that well.