canberrabirds

Long-billed Corella at Mulligan's Flat Large Dam

To: canberra birds <>
Subject: Long-billed Corella at Mulligan's Flat Large Dam
From: Duncan McCaskill <>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 21:58:58 +1000
This afternoon I found a single Long-billed Corella at the large dam in Mulligan's. I've never seen one on there before (or anywhere else on Canberra's north side). Matt reported some on the chatline a few days ago in Belconnen - possibly early signs of a increase.

Also, the pair of Whistling Kites are on the nest - one bird on, the other "on guard" nearby. Dotterels are still there - one Black-fronted, two Red-kneed, and Superb Parrots are flying over.

Inline images 1

Duncan.