canberrabirds

Lake Road this afternoon

To: Wayne Gregson <>, Mark Clayton <>
Subject: Lake Road this afternoon
From: Erika Roper <>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 17:22:29 +1000
I actually went down Lake Rd myself on Tuesday afternoon (27th) and saw quite a bit.

On the way down the road I saw on the big dam numerous PE Ducks and Grey Teal. I also saw 4 Freckled Ducks, 3 Wood Ducks, and one Black-fronted Dotterel. On the way back there was a flock of 16 Double-barred Finches feeding next to the dam (just on the other side of the fence).

Nothing too special along the road - magpies, pigeons, kookaburra, crimson rosellas, superb fairy wrens, yellow-rumped thornbills. There may have been Red-browed Finches, but I can't be sure (may have glimpsed some from the car). I did see two female robins (species unknown, see photo), and also a Black-shouldered Kite and a Nankeen Kestrel.

No Red-kneed Dotterels or Southern Whiteface that I could find.

Follow link to a photo of one of the robins. They were not very obliging, so I apologise for the poor quality.