canberrabirds

re overwintering Superb parrots

To: "'Peter Ormay'" <>, "'Chris Davey'" <>
Subject: re overwintering Superb parrots
From: "Geoff Larmour" <>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 17:49:57 +1000
We have not checked our email for a few days and have just seen the discussion about overwintering Superb Parrots. We live right near the flowering Ironbarks on the bike path reserve at Lyttleton, Cook and can say that Superb Parrots have been around all winter, though in small numbers. During the summer they are present in larger numbers and we see and hear them every day.  One wonderful summer we counted 98 of them on the Wybalena Grove oval.
Kim and Geoff Larmour