canberrabirds

Fw: What the government delivered for our national parks

To: Bruce Lindenmayer <>
Subject: Fw: What the government delivered for our national parks
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 12:59:34 +1000
It is indeed good news, but I fear it is possibly over optimistic.

I have seen information provided by a State MP to one of his constituents which suggested 4 zones rather than two.  The two additional zones are ones that need discussions with traditional owners and a set in which the NPWS will shoot if there are specific reasons to do so.   If the NPA has been told different to that then there is, unsurprisingly, still misinformation floating around this issue.

I note also that the NPA release contains welcome words about assessment of the effectiveness of the processes etc.  The Dunn Review contained words to the effect that while there were people in the Parks Service able to do this they didn't have the resources to so do so.  Hopefully the Government will bolster the resources to allow the assessments.

Martin