canberrabirds

Mt Rogers again

To: "COG Chatline" <>
Subject: Mt Rogers again
From: "Lia Battisson" <>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 21:34:38 +1000
I saw a Yellow-tuffted Honeyeater at Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve at the bottom of the Gibraltar Rocks fire trail on 15 June.
Lia

Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2013 7:41 PM
Subject: [canberrabirds] Mt Rogers again

One Yellow-tufted honeyeater was seen loosely associated with a mixed feeding flock (MFF)  today at 11.00am approximately. My first ACT sighting of this beautiful species.
THe birds was foraging amongst Eucalypt flowers.
In the same area were Scarlet robins and Speckled Warblers.

The area in question contains several Eucalyptus with leaves like those of E. polyanthemos but the book doesn't  say these are in flower now. Mt Rogers contains many planted, non-local Eucalypt species.
From Rechner place, Flynn walk up into  the reserve and north to meet the  gravel track. There is a seat and a notice-box. The rough, eroded track up and to the east is where the MFF was active this morning and later in the day.

If anyone is 'collecting' sightings of Scarlet robins I would say that their numbers on Mt Rogers and at Strathnairn (Holt) are similar to numbers in previous years.
Rosemary