canberrabirds

Unusual Species Check

To: "'Canberrabirds '" <>
Subject: Unusual Species Check
From: "Paul Fennell" <>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 14:49:01 +1000

Hi everyone

Sometimes inappropriate species creep into the database when the observer ticks the wrong box on entering the data.  In an effort to improve
data quality I am sending out  all sightings of unusual species entered online in the expectation that if someone has entered the wrong species, they can soon put me right.

I am not questioning any of the sightings listed below, just seeking confirmation.

Please reply only if the entry is WRONG. Or you want to comment on the entry in some way.

Sheet

Species

COGStatus

RAOUNumber

COGObsCode

Date

Location

415

Black-tailed Native-hen

3

055

MiP1

21-Jan-13

Lake Bathurst, East Basin, NW gravel pits(Y07)

15

Black-tailed Native-hen

3

055

WaS1

04-Dec-12

Jerrabomberra Wetlands NR(L14)

6

Black-tailed Native-hen

3

055

WaS1

29-Nov-12

Jerrabomberra Wetlands NR(L14)

330

Banded Lapwing

3

135

MiP1

21-Oct-12

Lake Bathurst, East Basin, NW gravel pits(Y07)

82

Banded Lapwing

3

135

LuN1

26-Jan-13

Mulligans Flat Big Dam(L11)

70

Banded Lapwing

3

135

BuM1

20-Jan-13

Hoskinstown Molonglo Marsh(S16)

410

Banded Lapwing

3

135

LeM1

19-Dec-12

Lake Bathurst, East Basin, NW gravel pits(Y07)

333

Banded Lapwing

3

135

CrI1

20-Oct-12

Lake Bathurst West basin Tarago tip area(Y08)

339

Banded Lapwing

3

135

LeM1

19-Nov-12

Lake Bathurst, East Basin, NW gravel pits(Y07)

415

Banded Lapwing

3

135

MiP1

21-Jan-13

Lake Bathurst, East Basin, NW gravel pits(Y07)

408

Banded Lapwing

3

135

LeM1

19-Dec-12

Lake Bathurst West basin Tarago tip area(Y08)

413

Banded Lapwing

3

135

CrI1

20-Jan-13

Lake Bathurst West basin Tarago tip area(Y08)

46

Australian Painted Snipe

3

170

BuM1

03-Jan-13

Hoskinstown Plain

109

Australian Painted Snipe

3

170

CuR1

02-Feb-13

Dunlop West Belconnen Pond(I11)

86

Australian Painted Snipe

3

170

CuR1

23-Dec-12

Parkwood Horse Paddock Pond Eastside

65

Australian Painted Snipe

3

170

LuN1

01-Oct-11

Kellys Swamp(L14)

66

Australian Painted Snipe

3

170

LuN1

03-Oct-11

Kellys Swamp(L14)

122

Australian Painted Snipe

3

170

CuR1

14-Feb-13

Kama woodlands(I13)

383

Common Greenshank

3

158

LeM1

29-Apr-13

Lake bathurst, Southern Morass (Z08)

190

Red-backed Kingfisher

3

325

LeM1

17-Dec-12

Molonglo Reach(L14)

327

Brown Gerygone

3

454

GoJ3

10-Apr-13

Mulligans Flat North of Gundaroo Road - L10(L10)

104

Brown Gerygone

3

454

LuN1

22-Nov-12

Lees Creek, Warks Rd(E15)

98

Little Wattlebird

3

712

CuR1

26-Nov-12

Dunlop West Belconnen Pond(I11)

187

Black Honeyeater

3

589

LeM1

20-Dec-12

TSR 48(O05)

187

Painted Honeyeater

3

598

LeM1

20-Dec-12

TSR 48(O05)

65

Spangled Drongo

3

673

LuN1

01-Oct-11

Kellys Swamp(L14)

186

Horsfield’s Bushlark

3

648

LeM1

20-Dec-12

Gundaroo and vicinity (O07)

193

Horsfield’s Bushlark

3

648

LeM1

28-Dec-12

Gundaroo and vicinity (O07)

202

Horsfield’s Bushlark

3

648

LeM1

03-Jan-13

Gundaroo and vicinity (O07)

339

Horsfield’s Bushlark

3

648

LeM1

19-Nov-12

Lake Bathurst, East Basin, NW gravel pits(Y07)

409

Horsfield’s Bushlark

3

648

LeM1

19-Dec-12

Lake Bathurst, Northern Morass(Z07)

410

Horsfield’s Bushlark

3

648

LeM1

19-Dec-12

Lake Bathurst, East Basin, NW gravel pits(Y07)

419

Horsfield’s Bushlark

3

648