canberrabirds

Thanks + What next

To: "'Canberra Birds'" <>
Subject: Thanks + What next
From: <>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 16:40:58 +1000
Cheers All,

Bruce.

NO HUNTING in National Parks

THANK YOU!

The rally Thursday 18th April in Sydney was a huge success thanks to all of our collective efforts. We had great and inspiring talks from a host of community leaders. Thank you for everything you did to help that event and for your kind donations.

We'd love to see a couple of highlights from your photo collection from the day to put on our FaceBook page. Please indicate if you wish for a photo credit to go with this - we are happy to post them anonymously also.

What's next?

> 11am, Sunday 5th May 2013 - May Day Rally - ORANGE

Kevin Evans, CEO of the National Parks Association of NSW will be speaking about the hunting in national parks issue at this event hosted by the Central West Community Union Alliance.

Find out more here: http://nohunting.wildwalks.com/takeaction

> 6pm, Wednesday 15 May 2013 - Petersham - SYDNEY

Member for Marrickville, Carmel Tebbutt will be chairing a community meeting on the hunting in national parks issue. This will give the community the chance to hear form and ask questions to people who are knowledgeable on the issue.

Speakers at this event are Luke Foley, Shadow Minister for the Environment; Justin McKee, NPA and Geo Papas, PSA Industrial Officer.

Find out more here: http://nohunting.wildwalks.com/takeaction

> Follow up with your local MP

Within our flyer that promoted the rally, we had asked people to please contact their local MP to stand against the Premier by calling for the legislation that allows recreational hunting in national parks to be repealed.

If your local MP is an ALP or Greens Party member, touch base and see how you can help to get the issue active in your electorate with their help, or by helping them.

> On an entertaining note

If you haven't watched this video of a news item, it's worth it. Very cleverly put together item on gun control. http://vimeo.com/64432171

Thanking you all