canberrabirds

White-Bellied Sea-Eagle over Lake BG

Subject: White-Bellied Sea-Eagle over Lake BG
From: pardalote <>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 19:55:54 +1000
 Hi All

I saw a white-bellied sea-eagle circling over the water near Black Mountain Peninsula at lake Burley Griffin at around 16:15 today.  I assume it was there due to increased animal activity caused by the burnings they were doing nearby on the mountainside.  I note this species is not too common in the area, so I am unsure if I need to fill out an unusual birds report.

Matt.