canberrabirds

Rufous fantail at Gold Creek

Subject: Rufous fantail at Gold Creek
From: pardalote <>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 09:03:18 +1100
Hi All

I went with a friend to do COG Woodland survey at Gold Creek last Saturday.  We saw the usual suspects, brown, yellow-rumped and buff-rumped thornbills, crimson and eastern rosellas, white-throated treecreepers, western gerygones, golden whistlers etc.  But among all thos we saw a few species of interest.  These included a small flock of dusky woodswallows, a whistling kite, and a rufous fantail in the first survey site.  It was carrying on with about three grey fantails.  It was a first for the survey area, and a lifer for me.  My friend dismissed me for a few minutes so I could go and watch the little bird.

As it was on private property, I don't know whether I should report it on Eremaea, and I would appreciate it if anyone could help me out here.

Matt.