canberrabirds

Update on Goshawk: Is someone available to band this bird

To: Philip Veerman <>
Subject: Update on Goshawk: Is someone available to band this bird
From: Anthony Overs <>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 14:13:31 +1100
Unless the RSPCA has an approved project for banding birds, through the Australian Bird and Bat Banding Scheme, the bird can't be banded. I'll talk to them about getting a project started. It concerns me that the RSPCA releases birds with bands that are not coordinated through the national scheme (e.g. the tawny frogmouth).

Size dimorphic species do take different size bands, e.g. goshawks, sparrowhawks, songlarks, button-quail.

Anthony