canberrabirds

Cast query

To: "'Canberra Birds'" <>
Subject: Cast query
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 17:28:13 +1100
Could be one of several bird species. I took the question to be about the close location of these things around the stone. I wonder if the stone is incidental and the answer lies in the presence of a suitable favourite perch above. Certainly some birds develop a habit of using the same location for doing this. Mammals do things like that to mark territory but I don't know that birds do. I'm not suggesting it is a mammal.