canberrabirds

Callum Brae today

To: "'sandra henderson'" <>
Subject: Callum Brae today
From: "casburnj" <>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 17:07:11 +1100
Two very good days for you Sandra!  Today I had two Hobbies circling noisily
around upper Duffy and near the house and chasing a Crested Pigeon.  Their
aerial acrobatics were breathtaking at times - diving down and wheeling
around. One of the hobbies actually came and flew right over my head on the
front terrace.  I think because it saw me watching it with the bins.  It
didn't swoop but was within metres.  I wondered if they were young birds as
they weren't really as focused as I have seen adult birds to be?  Also 3
Yellow Tailed Blacks appeared to be alarmed by the Hobbies.
Cheers
Jean