canberrabirds

FW: Satin Bowerbird feeding juvenile in O'Connor

To: <>
Subject: FW: Satin Bowerbird feeding juvenile in O'Connor
From: "Ian Baird" <>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 08:30:59 +1100

An adult female Satin Bowerbird was observed feeding a juvenile bird twice which remained stationary deep in the one place in deep cover in my native garden at 15 Fairfax Street O’Connor for about 45 minutes, Sunday evening 3rd January 2013. The juvenile was heard  to occasionally produce brief snatches approximating  the ‘churring’ call which is well known and  characteristic of the species.

This is the first time I have recorded this species as a living bird at my home address. I found a dead juvenile in my garden in June last year (reported online to the Atlas of Living Resources along with digital image).

A digital image of the juvenile bird is attached. Time and date: 15:56, 3/2/2013

Ian Baird

15 Fairfax Street

O’Connor ACT 2602