canberrabirds

Corvid, for sure, but thereafter...

To: COG list <>
Subject: Corvid, for sure, but thereafter...
From: Con Boekel <>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 20:27:44 +1100
Hi

Attached is a photo I took of a corvid last week. The location was Bayles, a small country town not far from the north-eastern end of Westernport Bay. I did not make a determination at the time and am a bit puzzled with ID just from the photo. What particularly intrigues me is the apparent contrast between grey and black about the head. The bird had chicks in a nest in a pine tree, which is why it was cf. Any ruminations welcome.

regards

Con