canberrabirds

FW: [Birding-Aus] FW: Square-tailed kite

To: <>
Subject: FW: [Birding-Aus] FW: Square-tailed kite
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 21:05:24 +1100
I am forwarding this message from not far away, for interest of subscribers.
I wonder how long until we get a first record of this species in COG's AOI.
I keep hoping. They do migrate into SE NSW & Eastern Victoria for the
summer. So it is worth checking out what vaguely looks like an odd Spotted
Harrier, with short legs and a white face, flying slowly over trees.

From:
 On Behalf Of Richard
Johnstone       Sent: Sunday, 16 December 2012 6:32 PM  To:
       Subject: [Birding-Aus] FW: Square-tailed
kite

Sorry, didn't put a date on my sighting, (yesterday 15 Dec 2012)

From: Richard Johnstone  Sent: Sunday, 16
December 2012 6:30 PM   To:
Subject: Square-tailed kite

I observed a single Square-tailed Kite at Woodstock cemetery (20 km east of
Cowra, NSW), at about 2 pm. Flying low just above treetop level, as commonly
seen.

Also up to 30 Superb Parrots observed during the time I was there, landing
in the white box trees and very noisy. I have seen Superb Parrots at this
location each time I have been there.

Richard