canberrabirds

advice for bird plants

To: jude hopwood <>
Subject: advice for bird plants
From: Denis Wilson <>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 11:02:24 +1000
Hi Jude

A general comment, not a "List", but I would urge you not to plant a single species of plants, but to mix the plants up.

That way you can greatly increase the food sources; and the bird attractiveness will spread over a far wider period. In my experience many birds are just as happy with "cover" as with "food".

You probably didn't want to hear that advice, because you were talking about a "hedge". But hedges do not need to be completely uniform.
Nature is not uniform, Nature is Diverse.

Denis Wilson