canberrabirds

One page visual summary for Australasian Grebe

To: "Canberra birds" <>
Subject: One page visual summary for Australasian Grebe
From: "wallaces" <>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 21:29:53 +1000
As you may have noticed, I have been putting up some information derived from the COG database onto the chatline. As part of exploring ways to get present the COG data to members, I have been looking at the idea of a one page visual (ie no tables of data, just maps and graphs) summary for a species. The link below should take you to a document illustrating the idea for the Australasian Grebe. It includes the type of maps and tables included in the ACT Atlas plus some other presentations. The data presented is derived from the COG database but has not been quality checked and does not include all 2011 records.

At this stage I am looking for some feedback on the idea of a one page visual summary and the other information I have been sending out. Is this information of interest or is it just clogging up the chatline?

Please note that this is an exploration of ideas and that I have no immediate plans to produce this type of output for other species. However, if there is discussion of a particular species on the chatline, and I have time, I might produce a similar output if people think it is useful.

Steve

PS this is the first time I have used this approach to sebd out a document which is too big to send directly to the chatline, so please let me know if the link does not work or you have other issues with this approach.

If you zoom in to the document, please note that it may take a few moments for the maps and tables to look clear.