canberrabirds

Accommodation in the Riverina

To: COG List <>
Subject: Accommodation in the Riverina
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 21:24:44 +1000
We have just spent 4 days in the Riverina and South-West Slopes doing various activities with some time devoted to birds (only 97 species I am afraid - the weather was bad).

We based ourselves in Yanco- 5km from Leeton CBD - staying at Mill Lodge in the Main Street of that town.  A key attraction for us was that the proprietors welcomed a small dog but even without such a member of the party it was a very good place to stay and quite close to such spots as Narrandera Wetlands and Common (all sorts of waterbirds), Euroley Bridge (nesting Superb Parrots); Fivebough Swamp ('nuff said) Tuckerbill Swamp (ibid) and Binya State Forest (Calltris Forest).  If anyone wants such accommodation - the place sleeps up to 6 - the contact is the owner Peter Sieders (psieders@bigpond.com)

I will be doing a blogpost when I have fought my way through a pendrive of images!

--
Martin Butterfield