canberrabirds

Where the big jet engines roar ...

To: <>
Subject: Where the big jet engines roar ...
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 18:59:34 +1000

Very informative, Steve, thank you.  I did not give the details of the airport sighting, as it was not my find.  I learnt of it while at that clearing-house for ‘what’s new’ around Canberra’s bird spots, the Jerra car-park, where I eavesdropped on a conversation of one of our  newer ace observers who is a well-known mainstay of the Eremeaea freemasonry.  Having it cheerfully confirmed that this Vanelline rarity was ‘behind Costco’ I repaired to that popular location, where a further brace or two of observers were to be found.  There were two birds, one of which was either sleeping, studying the aircraft movements, or sitting on something.