canberrabirds

Immature Flame Robins

Subject: Immature Flame Robins
From: Robin Eckermann <>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 13:16:59 +1000
I reached a milestone for my collection of photos of birds in the Campbell Park/Mt.Ainslie area this morning with (finally!) the capture of some Flame Robins - species #90 in the collection (with some additional species observed but not yet photographed). They were only immature birds, but there were four or five - a couple hundred metres through the horse gate, along the paddock fence. Unfortunately no sign of the parents, but it was just possible to discern the red breast starting to appear on these juveniles.

Immature Flame Robin
(click on thumbnail for larger view)

It will probably be a long wait until the collection reaches #100 - though maybe this spring will bring some surprises.

Regards ... Robin Eckermann