canberrabirds

Sea Eagle cam and Noisy Friarbird

To: COG List <>
Subject: Sea Eagle cam and Noisy Friarbird
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 09:38:36 +1000
The Sea-eagle cam  http://www.ustream.tv/seaeagles  is back on line with at least one eyas in the nest.  Last year a number of viewers complained about the ads on the site which puzzled me as I  never got them.  This year I seem to get an interminable advert from VW - guess which make of car I won't be buying - each time I join the site.  This seems to coincide with my switch of browser  from Firefox to Chrome, so if you wish to C C Eagles without ads check out Firefox.

I have just heard the first Noisy Friarbirds of the season at our place.  In view of the weather today, they may decide to head back from whence they came.  The nest they used last year is still in position and intact so it will be interesting to see if they re-use it.  HANZAB notes high site fidelity - eg on the same branch  - but does not indicate re-use.

--
Martin Butterfield