canberrabirds

WW to McQuoids Hill

To: "'martin butterfield'" <>, "'COG List'" <>
Subject: WW to McQuoids Hill
From: "Margaret Leggoe" <>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 18:01:59 +1000

Possibly due to being a month later we recorded breeding indicators for 4 species: Australian Wood Duck (inspection hollow); Striated Thornbill (Display): Australian Raven (Nest Building - we believe: certainly there was a nest and the two Ravens were vigorously driving off a Sulphur-crested Cockatoo); Common Starling (Inspecting Hollow).

Was that the ravens’ nest near the gate?  In the two big trees beside the gate the SSC had a nest in the hollow spout in the tree further away from the gate and the ravens appeared to have a nest in mistletoe clump at top of tree nearer the gate.  Ravens attacked SSC while I was there, but SCC rolled with the punches and clung to his spout.  His mate then came up and sat in the doorway.

ML