canberrabirds

Googong Foreshores Birding

To: <>
Subject: Googong Foreshores Birding
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 13:37:45 +1000
If there is anyone else who wishes to come along, who has not advised me yet. It would be appreciated if you do, especially if you wish to car pool. It simply helps me to know how long to spend at the meet points. For those who don't know, I will be travelling in my blue Land Rover Discovery PV171.

I was reminded that last time I did this (several years ago) we found all local thornbill species together and had a dramatic viewing of the reaction of a very large group of Coots as a Sea-Eagle appeared to be interested in having one for lunch.

Philip Veerman
24 Castley Circuit
Kambah  ACT  2902

02 - 62314041

Sunday 5 August - Googong Foreshores
Join
Philip Veerman for an afternoon's birding at Googong Dam. If you wish to carpool from the southside of
Canberra, meet in the carpark at Kambah Village, corner of Drakeford Drive and Marconi Crescent, at
11.15am or the Spotlight car park at Warroo Street and Bungendore Road at 11:45 am or meet at the Ranger
station at middday. To access Googong Foreshores, take the Old Cooma Road from Queanbeyan and turn
left into Googong Dam Road. The walk will begin at the Ranger Station at 12 midday and will be finished by
4 pm. You can contact Philip by phone on 62314041 or (or on the day 0411716177).