canberrabirds

The Quintessential Bird

To: "'Kevin and Gwenyth Bray'" <>, "'canberrabirds'" <>
Subject: The Quintessential Bird
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 18:39:47 +1000
Probably is, but it may help, I hope to add, if I recall it correctly that Steve Wilson wrote an obituary for her, that appeared in Canberra Bird Notes. The most significant, to us, book that she illustrated, was Birds in the Australian High Country.

Philip

-----Original Message-----From: Kevin and Gwenyth Bray [ Sent: Saturday, 21 July 2012 5:40 PM      To: canberrabirds
Subject: [canberrabirds] The Quintessential Bird

I have just been given the book The Quintessential Bird - the Art of Betty Temple Watts.

Betty Watts was a foundation member of the Canberra Ornithologists Group and one of the first two life members.  She provided the illustrations for some pre and post decimal bird stamps as well as to several different bird books.

Is there anyone in COG who was here at the beginning and therefore knew Betty Watts?  She moved to Queensland in 1972 and died there in 1991 aged 91.

Gwenyth Bray

Kevin & Gwenyth Bray

0406 376 878 (Mob Kevin)
0409 584 342 (Mob Gwenyth)