canberrabirds

MFFs- Pinnacle

To: "Barbara Allan" <>
Subject: MFFs- Pinnacle
From: "boy nature" <>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 12:04:55 -0400
These are some of the birds I saw at The Pinnacle on 3/5/12 (>3pm)
Top gate- (Hawker paddock): eg weebills 8, 2 red wattlebirds, BFCS, GST, interestingly 5 spotted pardalotes, 2 scarlet robins,  6 CP, 2 WTT, 1 golden wh. Slight wind.
Top corner Stringybark forest- SE Top Stringybark junction (ie with applebox). 4 scarlet robins- fighting ??? many wurring calls on the ground (i havent seen this before), 2 speckled warblers (maybe 3), many MFF- >5 FW, 6 YRTH, 4 W, 6 Buff R, 8 Striated Th, also, 2 golden whistlers, 4 redbrows, 5 silvereyes, 2 GST, 1 RW, 6 GF, yet only 1 WTT. 1 spinebill, 1 YFH. But the best was 2 Southern Whiteface- I didnt initially recognise their Jizz, so I followed them. I havent seen them there before.
SW Gate/Bottom gate. A bit windy.
1 white eared honeyeater, 1 spinebill, 1 myna, 3 striated and 2 spotted pardalotes, 2 WTT, other small MFF, 3 GST, 1 raven, starlings flying over- 3, 2, 8, 20, 20, 15, 2 r lorikeets, 2 king, 3 silvereyes.

Benj Whitworth