canberrabirds

Possible Red-chested Button-quail

Subject: Possible Red-chested Button-quail
From: Noel Luff <>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 17:30:33 +1000
While setting this week's orienteering course at Bluetts Pines I flushed what looked like a Red-chested Button-quail. The bird was heavily streaked on the back and appeared to have buff coloured flanks. This was at a bit after 4:00pm. The sun was heading down so it could have been playing tricks. I was also running out of time so I did not try and chase it. There was only one.

Co-ordinates are 35 17 46 south 149 00 36 east.

I plan to have another look tomorrow after the fog lifts

Noel