canberrabirds

MFFs

To: <>
Subject: MFFs
From: "Barbara Allan" <>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 17:05:33 +1000

Today at the Pinnacle I did a little better than Julian at Callum Brae in the mixed feeding flock matter. While all was fairly quiet initially (save for my fluey noises), a single Cassinia bush suddenly burst into life with an odd combination of at least two Speckled Warblers, at least two Brown Thornbill, at least four Red-browed Finch and about eight Superb Fairy-wren. I took a couple of steps back to broaden the view to include a couple of flowering stringybarks and the bird count climbed, with White-eared and YFHE, Golden Whistler, many Buff-rumped Thornbill, a pair of Scarlet Robins, White-throated Treecreepers and Grey Fantails. There were two other smaller groups of birds, very roughly feeding together, all within the north-western part of the reserve. b