canberrabirds

Birdline ACT Weekly Update

To: Canberrabirds <>
Subject: Birdline ACT Weekly Update
From: BirdlineACT <>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 13:46:10 +1100

Birdline ACT

Published sightings for the week ending 11 Mar 2012.

Sun 11 Mar Plumed Whistling-Duck, Whistling Kite Kelly's Swamp & Jerrabomberra Wetland, Fyshwick
Plumed Whistling-Duck (16) and a single Whistling Kite were the highlights of a visit to a still flooded Kellys.
Alastair Smith

Sat 10 Mar Pallid Cuckoo Mulligan's Flat NR
An independent juvenile Pallid Cuckoo was present between the Truffle and Quoll Gate.
PJ Milburn

Whistling Kite Mulligan's Flat NR
A single Whistling Kite observed around noon gliding effortlessy westward.
PJ Milburn

Fri 9 Mar White-throated Needletails Mt Taylor
This afternoon at 4:30 I went to Mt Taylor till about 6:30 I saw two White-throated Needletails fly very fast westward. Far away very high and barely visible and they were no doubt using the wind blowing up the side of the mountain to gain altitude and doing a lot of looping flights, very high then dropping down and rising again. Several attempts to count them I got as many as 30 to 40.
Philip Veerman