canberrabirds

Gang-gang Cockatoos in Duffy/Rivett vicinity

To: "'sandra henderson'" <>, "'Ace Frawley'" <>
Subject: Gang-gang Cockatoos in Duffy/Rivett vicinity
From: "casburnj" <>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 15:13:17 +1100
>From my house I heard and saw 6 Gang Gangs in the vicinity of Hindmarsh
drive Rivett yesterday about 7am - they appeared to rest in a large gum tree
along Hindmarsh Drive.  I seem to recall some mention of a bird feeder in
Rivett that used to attract large numbers of Gang Gangs.  These are only the
second group I have seen since January, when 3 birds flew over Narrabundah
Hill.  I wonder if these were the same birds as yours Sandra?

At the same time as I saw the 6 birds over Rivett,  there was also a lone
male Gang Gang that flew over my GBS and circled around Duffy for a while -
I could hear more birds towards Duffy shops region as well.

Great to see them back!
Jean