canberrabirds

Where do they go?

To: "COG" <>
Subject: Where do they go?
From: "Charmian Lawson" <>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 11:44:13 +1100
Hi

During this last week of heavy rain, our garden, normally a reasonably active bird place, was pretty much bare, except for one half drowned looking Ganggang and a miserable looking King Parrot pair who visited briefly. Yesterday when the sun was out for a whole day, the birds, big and small, were back. I have often wondered where the birds go in conditions like those of the last week. Does anyone know?

Also, this morning, I was amused to see two sulphur cresteds tipping themselves upside down on the power lines in our back yard. When I had a closer look, they were actually catching and drinking the water drops hanging from the lines after the earlier showers.

Charmian Lawson
Holder