canberrabirds

Re: Double bars Aranda Bushland

To: Bruce Bell <>
Subject: Re: Double bars Aranda Bushland
From: Erika Roper <>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 15:31:58 +1100

I saw a few at the the zoo (in the bbq area) on Jan 12. They were feeding with red browed finches.

On Feb 24, 2012 4:04 PM, "Bruce Bell" <> wrote:

Hi all (and hullo Peter!),

Formerly of Aranda (1990-2010) where I had not seen them at all.  Now at Murrumbateman I see them in quite small flocks (family groups?) every two to three days around the house garden (which is in horse paddocks, fairly open lawn with patches of shrubs/trees).  Generally notice them initially from their calls. Also the very occasional red-brow; only in good cover and possibly just passing through?

Cheers, Bruce Bell