canberrabirds

More raptor notes

To: <>
Subject: More raptor notes
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 15:06:20 +1100
An interesting photo, if it is real. I note the question from Paul. "Are for the photo itself, are you sure it isn't gossamer (spider silk?) There are some short streaks behind the primaries too." Just on evidence of the photo that seems a very fair question. I wasn't there but it seems a strange photo. It is my understanding that falcons droppings drop. However hawks, eagles etc squirt their droppings with some force and distance. If it is real and my info is correct, the bird must have been travelling very fast (I know that is not unusual) but to get all that in a photo is curious. If it is a fair trail of uric acid showing in Geoff's photo as in looking more squirted than dropped and why only white material (no digestive remains)?

I too got the Julia. She is a doll, isn't she........ A ghostly Julia just like the shadowy KRudd on one of Geoff's photos of about a week ago.

Just as well it isn't Tony Abbott. Does he even deserve to be crapped on by a PF?

Sorry too political. Only kidding - sort of.

I use Microsoft Outlook.