canberrabirds

Eurobodalla Botanic Gardens - resend 1 if 2

Subject: Eurobodalla Botanic Gardens - resend 1 if 2
From: Robin Eckermann <>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 20:54:50 +1100
Sorry folk - one or two people mentioned that the clickable thumbnails didn't work - possibly browser-specific, but here they are hopefully now working for anyone interested. Footnote: general feedback was that the second picture is a juvenile White-bellied Sea Eagle in molt.

Some friends recently commended these gardens to me - and being down the coast for a few days, I thought I'd check it out this morning. Its a good location, and it didn't take long to spot a few species we don't get in Canberra - like Black-faced Monarchs. Also lots of New Holland Honeyeaters ...

New Holland Honey?eater
(click on thumbnail for larger image)

Also got a glimpse of what I think was a juvenile White-bellied Sea Eagle - but I would value feedback from anyone who knows much more about these things than I. Is it normal they they appear to be missing a feather near each wingtip?

Sea Eagle?
(click on thumbnail for larger image)

Regards ... Robin Eckermann