canberrabirds

FW: [canberrabirds] Brush Turkey [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

To: "CanberraBirds" <>
Subject: FW: [canberrabirds] Brush Turkey [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
From: "Perkins, Harvey" <>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 10:43:42 +1100
Hi Jean-Pierre

This is indeed a remarkable observation. The possibility of the brush-turkey occurring in the region (even in the past) is controversial. See for example the two articles (details below) published in Canberra Bird Notes back in 1999.

I am sure there will be a number of people who would like to follow up on this bird. If you are prepared to indulge us, I am happy to be a contact for coordination. My mobile is 043 886 9990

Wilson, Steve (1999). The Australian Brush-turkey - an ACT record?. Canberra Bird Notes 24(1): 28-29.

Howard, Tony & Crawford, Isobel (1999). The Australian Brush-turkey in the ACT: further discussion. Canberra Bird Notes 24(3): 173-176.

These articles are scanned and available as pdfs through the Canberra Bird Notes link on the CanberraBirds website:  http://cbn.canberrabirds.org.au/