canberrabirds

Brush Turkey

To: "'John-Pierre Favre'" <>, <>
Subject: Brush Turkey
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 10:41:47 +1100

John-Pierre

This record would be of considerable interest.  There was an early record of the species in the district that remins controversial.  The issue was discussed in the local bird journal (Canberra Bird Notes 24:3, September 1999), and the conclusion reached that  early previous occurrence was possible.  Every effort should be made to verify this record eg with a photo.  I am happy to come and try to get one if you think this feasible.  Meanwhile any info on a possible captive origin would be of interest.    Geoffrey