canberrabirds

First Sighting of Spotted Turtle Dove in Scullin? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

To: <>
Subject: First Sighting of Spotted Turtle Dove in Scullin? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
From: "Andrew, David" <>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 09:47:54 +1100

Although I don’t pay much attention to them, I very occasionally hear Spotted Turtle Doves near my house in Hackett – none this spring/summer so far though.

I seem to recall general disapproval over Koel reports last year, although I kind of like them as a ‘first cuckoo of spring’ equivalent ... but for what it’s worth, I heard one near North Ainslie Primary School Friday 18 Nov at about 4.30 PM, and saw two flying over Dickson shopping centre on Sun 20 Nov c6 PM.

David Andrew

Species Listing Section

Wildlife Branch

Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population & Community

If you have received this transmission in error please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies. If this e-mail or any attachments have been sent to you in error, that error does not constitute waiver of any confidentiality, privilege or copyright in respect of information in the e-mail or attachments. Please consider the environment before printing this email.