canberrabirds

Wamboin Birds

To: <>
Subject: Wamboin Birds
From: "David Cook" <>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 18:15:50 +1100
After a stroll around our paddock today we tallied 52 species. Highlights include:

Rufous Songlark (new species for us in Wamboin, number 133);
White-winged Triller (2 males, our first for the season);
Dusky Woodswallow (several, our first for the season);
Shining Bronze-Cuckoo;
Pallid Cuckoo;
Hardhead (male and female, rare visitors)
Sacred Kingfisher (2 calling loudly, our first for the season);
Rufous Whistler (our first for the season, a late arrival here).

Also:
White-winged Choughs have built a nest above our driveway;
White-throated Treecreepers are nesting in one of my nest boxes – don’t know how long that will last, normally occupied by a Brush-tailed Possum.

David