canberrabirds

diamond firetails vs The House Sparrow

To: "'jude hopwood'" <>
Subject: diamond firetails vs The House Sparrow
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 22:47:18 +1100
The Diamond Firetail is doing well around here recently. I was pleased to get them as (nearly) the first bird on the first two blitz sites I did on Saturday. The House Sparrow is very attracted to human domestic situations but the Diamond Firetail is not. Indeed you wouldn't normally have them in the same place. A bit hard to see how you could influence this as you appear to be describing around your house or property but restricting food and nesting sites of the House Sparrow should help.

Maybe they would get the message of who you like by giving the Diamond Firetail the same dignity of capital letters as the House Sparrow.