canberrabirds

FW: [canberrabirds] Point of view

To: <>
Subject: FW: [canberrabirds] Point of view
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 17:53:29 +1100

Answers to first set as below.  I don’t claim this has any great information component, although it does bring home eg that the dollarbird, usually visualised as a bright blue-green bird, in fact has a dull brown head/neck.   The drongo (perhaps unfair to include such a rarity)  is one of a group of black birds (chough, koel) that has a fiery red eye.  The cuckoo-shrike was quite unfair being a shot from below of a looking-down bird.  These were very difficult, but note, if you can believe it, that Steve Holliday (see his answers below) only missed 4 out of the 14 !!