canberrabirds

re Blue-billed Ducks

To: <>
Subject: re Blue-billed Ducks
From: "Chris Davey" <>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 22:00:33 +1100

It has been drawn to my attention that my name has been mentioned in dispatches concerning the Blue-billed Ducks at the Fyshwick Sewage Ponds.

A few points of clarification are required;

·         I did work with the gentleman concerned who is alleged to have released captive-bred Blue-billed Ducks at the FSP.

·         It should be pointed out that his captive collection had nothing to do with CSIRO.

·         I was aware that at some time he was successful at breeding Blue-billed Ducks and had trouble dispersing of them to other private collectors, zoos etc.

·         It was not until recently that I was made aware of the possibility that some birds may have been released at the FSP.

·         When the dates of release and numbers are confirmed I will ensure that this information is included in the appropriate section of the ABR.

Chris