canberrabirds

Kelly's: painted snipe still present

To: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Subject: Kelly's: painted snipe still present
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 15:53:43 +1100
If these folk are there taking photographs of the bird I would like to think they are interested enough in the bird to realise that one does not go pursuing them so closely as to disturb them.  If their need for the ultimate snap over-rides that amount of common sense I doubt if a sign will deter them.

I hope someone got a photo of the offenders and will be interested to hear what form the CNP response has taken.  My understanding is  the Rangers don't actually have any power to stop people doing bad stuff, and AFP (who do have that power) rate people interfering with wildlife about priority 43.

Martin