canberrabirds

Migrating Honeyeaters

To: kamprad <>
Subject: Migrating Honeyeaters
From: Denis Wilson <>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 00:14:00 +1000
Dear COG forum members
bcc Allan - for info.

Re: Migrating Honeyeaters

Further to Julienne's note (below), Yellow-faced Honeyeaters have been trickling through Robertson over the last few days - in clear weather, making their "chip, chip" flight calls. Small parties only, but the numbers do add up.

In all, a fairly typical pattern of Spring return migrating birds, passing over the local Cool Temperate Rainforest area (which is not suitable feeding habitat for them).

No White-naped HEs heard so far this season.

There are lots of YFHEs making their classic "feeding" calls in the sandstone country, north of Robertson, at Kangaloon, in the Illawarra & southern Woronora Plateau floral habitat (lots of Banksias and Grevilleas in flower, under mainly Scribbly Gum and Stringybark forest).

I have not seen any parties of Red Wattlebirds this season.

Denis Wilson

Denis Wilson
"The Nature of Robertson"
www.peonyden.blogspot.com