canberrabirds

Sound Recording

To: <>, <>, Peter Fullagar <>, tim birch <>
Subject: Sound Recording
From: Daniel Mantle <>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 04:06:44 +0100
Hi All,

Just a quick note to say that I have returned one set of COGs digital sound recording equipment to Chris Davey and that anyone interested in using this equipment should contact Chris (email attached above).

Although COG has previously produced tapes/cds of many of the common local bird calls/songs there are still many bird sounds in the COG area of interest that we need to acquire. Peter Fullagar and Chris Davey have been coordinating the effort to fill these gaps whilst Tim Birch and I have also had access to the COG recording equipment and slowly some of these bird calls are being captured.

I really enjoyed this activity, although admittedly I have hardly used the equipment since last summer. But as the next few months (Sept-Nov) are probably the peak time for bird call recording, I thought I would remind everyone that this is a great fun project to get involved in.

Peter Fullagar is doing all the editing of the calls that we collect and in future we hope to add these to the website as go, rather than waiting years for all the required calls to be recorded and compiled on a CD.

Cheers Dan