canberrabirds

Felling old trees in Mount Ainslie CNP

To: "'COG List'" <>
Subject: Felling old trees in Mount Ainslie CNP
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 17:36:17 +1000
Similar happened on the Kambah Pool track about 4 weeks ago. At least five trees along the start of the track have been cut down. By a combination of either axe or chain saw. One of which was then rather carefully cut into logs which were left on site. This included sawing right through the sign stating "Bullen Range Nature Reserve" and the phone number and the other sign that says I think Kambah Pool. Leaving the metal poles just holding the left and right edges of the signs.

It seemed odd incidence of vandalism to me.