canberrabirds

Regent Honeyeater???

To: "'martin butterfield'" <>, "'Christine Ledger'" <>
Subject: Regent Honeyeater???
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 23:47:05 +1000
Martin's comment about the trees is certainly true. However I remember it as one Regent Honeyeater. Although of course these might be separate events. Many other people saw it, I think I recall Geoffrey Dabb telling about being confronted, about wandering around with all his camera gear in front of the tax office. I chased it for hours and got a lot of film of it. It was very active. At one time it was feeding on blossoms about 1 metre above the bonnet of my car, whilst I was sitting in the car. Unfortunately that was only for less than a minute and before I got my camera out. I was especially interested because it was doing Red Wattlebird call mimicry.